Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'm home

A view of the mountains during my flight from San Francisco to New York I'm back in New Haven, where it's a beautiful 60 degrees, a far cry from the New Haven to which I said goodbye three weeks ago. The trip home from Australia was a somewhat monotonous version of the trip there. This time, I didn't have high adventure to look forward to, so I was mostly trying to pass the time, which I did by watching even more movies and TV shows (The Lovely Bones, Big, Everybody's Fine, Big Bang Theory ...). Good plane movies/shows.

It was, of course, a very long trip, beginning on what was technically the morning of March 19th and ending later that same day, even though something like 36 hours had passed; I basically got to live 3/19 twice, which could have been exciting had all that time not been spent in seats not made for people of my stature. After returning, I had no trouble falling asleep and was out cold for a good 12 hours. Woke up at noon, and am now doing laundry and trying to get ready for the upcoming week. Classes begin Monday.

So ends the International Experience trip. I really enjoyed it and think it's a neat addition to SOM's curriculum. One drawback to the trip is that it interfered with recruiting; I won't yet elaborate, but I have my fingers crossed. We're getting down to the wire. I want the internship of my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment