Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Drop it like it's inconvenient

Incidentally, my experience at Yale Health Services was efficient. I was there 10 minutes and got the things I came in for. I know everyone was wondering.

Today I was in one of my electives when it dawned on me that if I drop my other elective, which is indeed extraneous, I would have four-day weekends all quarter. Tonight, as I opened two readings and an assignment for a paper due tomorrow, I thought, "Ya know, coaching skills are important, but I doubt I'll be managing anyone this summer. This would be better learned next year, closer to when I'm about to head back into the full-time work force." So it is dropped. I now have four-day weekends: Thursday-Sunday.

The question will be: To what extent will I successfully divide weekend work such that I am productive on these days? The answer is that I will force myself into some level of consistent productivity, but I think everybody knows Sunday will end up being the busiest day. But having 5:30 p.m. Wednesday to 10 a.m. Monday off? Every week? Not bad at all, friends.

Went for a jog this morning, which I used to do regularly, and it was not easy. The long winter wasn't kind to my bones and lungs. I'll just have to keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment