Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Vagina Monologues

Women Never had I seen The Vagina Monologues, but as of last night, now I have.

This production was a fundraiser for the Haven Free Clinic, and was performed by people in my roommate Susan's PA program, as well as the nursing program, the med school and some other places. For those who are not familiar, the play is based on interviews with about 200 women, with topics ranging from the funny (personal hygiene and sex) to the very sad and serious (rape and mutiliation). Without an intermission it got a bit tiresome; a couple parts could have been edited down. But overall it was entertaining and thought-provoking, and well-performed. I'm obviously not the target audience.

Apparently there is such a thing as The Penis Monologues. Sign me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment