Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I recommend H&R Block

I've always done my taxes online because they've been simple to do -- I earned a modest income as a journalist and received a W-2. Single. No loans. No property. No kids.

This year it wasn't too much more complicated, except that, of course, I returned to school and took out loans. I also cashed out my 401(k) when I left my old job. So I did my taxes online again and was told I would be receiving a decent refund, but not nearly as much as I'd hoped. So I figured there had to be some credits or loopholes out there that I could take advantage of as a student. Hence an appointment with H&R Block. And I was right! My tax advisor found a credit that tripled my refund. So it was well worth a trek in the blizzard and the $140 fee. Well, well worth it.

Drinks on me! Or basic survival on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment