Sunday, February 21, 2010

Avatar is beautiful and exciting

I spent yesterday morning studying operations and then treated myself to a dinner-and-movie outing with Mike to see Avatar in 3D. I am perhaps among the last to see it, but I nevertheless would like to recommend it.

My favorite movie of all time is Titanic, also directed by James Cameron, and there were a couple similarities. James Horner composed the scores for both, and at times they resembled each other. Some aspects of the action sequences seemed borrowed from the sinking footage. And at the heart of each is a love story to pull the viewer in to a larger, broader theme and message.

The visuals in Avatar are, of course, original and very lovely. That I expected. What I did not expect was such compelling action; I was really on the edge of my seat. I would say that Avatar doesn't quite have as much heart as Titanic, but then again, what does?

This morning I continued obsessively writing a cover letter, which I must tear myself away from to do some real studying because I have plans to bowl this evening. Back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment