Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm busy, but read on anyway

A car that appears to be in serious trouble I've been incredibly busy in the past 48 hours or so, with barely 10 consecutive minutes of unstructured time. I have an instinct, therefore, to write a post that outlines every activity that made me so busy ... all the classes, meetings and obligations that bumped up against and overlapped one another in my Outlook calendar, and even the last-minute wrenches thrown into the works, like that my friend Matt's car got towed and I took him to retrieve it. (There, at the garage, I took the picture above. I'd love to know the story behind that clunker.)

I'm not going to do that, though, because when I've had a chance to re-read postings on this blog, my least favorite are always the "I'm so busy" posts, with laundry lists of this, that and the other thing. If I'm bored reading them, I can only imagine how bored someone else would be. Besides, no shit I'm busy. I'm in grad school -- I'm paying out my rear to be busy.

So I'm left wondering what to say about these past couple days, and I'll say this: I've been incredibly busy, but incredibly happy, because much of what I've been doing has been fulfilling and/or challenging. No complaints.

Please return when I will have some more interesting insights, likely to be derived from having attended Lady Gaga's concert tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment