Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cultural revolution

On Friday night, I attended a performance by the Philharmonia Orchestra of Yale, interpreting Berlioz's Symphony Fantastique. It's a dramatic, five-movement work inspired by a story about an artist falling in love, feeling betrayed, poisoning himself and sinking into ghastly delusions. 

On Saturday night, I attended a Yale Rep Theatre performance of The Case of the Spectator, a contemporary one-woman show, infused with multimedia, about voyeurism and violence against women. The main character re-enacts plots from pulp thriller novels using, among other things, dolls.

I consider these exposures to culture part of my education, and I lean on this justification to make me feel better about the beeping garbage truck of work I'm facing today. God, how it beeps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment