Friday, August 14, 2009

5 clambake photos (from Thursday, Aug. 13)

One of the orientation activities Thursday was a trip to the beach (Lighthouse Point Park, in East Shore, also known as Morris Cove) for beautiful scenery, food, drinks and, naturally, merry-go-round rides. There are oodles of pictures already on the Web, but the Web could always use more, especially since mine are clearly superior, as I am a professional, published photojournalist.

Lighthouse Point Park in Connecticut.

The Long Island Sound. It's kind of like the beaches of Corpus Christi, except cool and calm, instead of humid and wind-tunnel-like. Photo by John Metz. To purchase, please send money.



New Haven Lighthouse in Connecticut.

The New Haven Lighthouse, which opened in 1847 and is apparently interesting because of its octagonical shapitude. Photo by John Metz. To purchase, please send money.



Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven.
I assume people who say New Haven is shitty don't spend much time here. Photo by John Metz. To purchase, please send money.



The carousel at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven, Connecticut.

The carousel, which I indeed rode. This is also an accurate illustrative representation of how I felt roughly 12 hours later, thanks to one too many cocktails. Photo by John Metz. To purchase, please send money.



The carousel at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven, Connecticut.

And post-clambake, the evening descended into madness, beginning at a place called GPSCY, which is apparently a popular place for grad students to go. Nice place! There was a screening of Wayne's World. Pictured are Mike (SOM) and Giancarlo (Forestry), two of my best friends in New Haven, which means people I've known for less than two weeks, and Kasia (International Relations), who I met last night, and is therefore also one of my best friends in New Haven.

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. Are the cocktails responsible for "octagonical shapitude?" Good words, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow professional, published photojournalist. I commend your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend got married at the lighthouse a few years back. It's gorgeous! I remember going on the carousel in my fancy dresss! Great pics... SPV

    ReplyDelete