Friday, May 7, 2010

Oh, give me a home

A Hartford-area sunset The past couple days have been a bit of an unstructured blur, but they included margaritas for Cinco de Mayo made by my friend Rasanah, meetings with faculty about the Human Capital Club I'm co-founding with my friend Erika, lots of time spent in the sunshine with Mike, group meetings and work on final projects, and this evening I ate a decidedly salty and fabulous dinner with my friend Dave at Texas Roadhouse. The view from outside is pictured above.

I have also been trying to find a place to live this summer. That hasn't been as easy as I expected. Today I thought I really had something -- a gay guy who wants another gay roommate in his 30s for exactly the dates I need. But three other people are looking at the place tomorrow, apparently, and I very much don't want to go all the way into New York to look at one apartment -- that's taking six hours out of my day. I'm not sure what the best strategy is for finding an apartment because ultimately, no matter what I find online, I'm going to have to get over there to see prospective dwellings in person.

Let me know if you own a gorgeous, empty, furnished apartment in New York ... seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment