Monday, May 31, 2010

I'm totally in New York, y'all

Feet up Many of my sources of anxiety can be put to rest. I have navigated the spaghetti of highways, had no trouble finding my summer dwelling, parked easily, and -- above all else -- entered the apartment successfully using the keys that had been sent to me. I am now putting my feet up for just a little while before unpacking, showering and, I hope, getting together with one of my friends from back in Fort Worth who happens to live in Brooklyn.

I mentioned previously that aspects of this summer internship make me feel as I did nine years ago, when I was interning at the Columbus Dispatch in Ohio. Appropriately, I was bombarded and delighted with a bizarre number of songs from my college on the radio on my way here. I heard "Waiting for Tonight" by Jennifer Lopez, "Be With You" by Enrique Iglesias, "The Hardest Thing" by 98 Degrees, "I'm Like a Bird" by Nelly Furtado, "Always on Time" by Ja Rule & Ashanti ... stuff I almost never hear anymore. I mention that not because it's the least bit interesting, but because I thought the song titles might bring back fond memories for some.

OK, let's get New Yorkin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment