Saturday, October 31, 2009

Spooooooky

Party Last night I attended a Halloween party thrown by the School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. What's creepy is that nobody was there -- I took pictures of the empty room, and when I looked at them, lo and behold, the room was full of ghastly spooks. Upon realizing this, I hastily evacuated the dance floor.*

Mike and I (pictured below) were a Spider-Man-esque devil and a cook in the cafeteria of a mime school respectively. (Sadly, Mike, in this photo, is wearing his mask on top of his head ... I guess I have no future as a photo-shoot director.)

Mike and JohnAnd we saw a wonderland of clever costumes, most of which I can't remember, since this was all of 10 hours ago. But let's see ... there was a Swiffer, Moby Dick, Marcia Brady, a beer pong** table, a cowboy on a horse, and icanhascheezburger.com. Someone mentioned that it was "good to see [me] out." Point taken.

Today I'm going up to my brother's to go trick-or-treating with my nephews, despite this being a radically busy weekend work-wise. I will bring work and do some of it. I have to say this was a very enjoyable week at school, despite that it's much busier than I could ever have imagined.

*Not true. The party was populated with live people, and I like this picture.
**An immensely popular activity at Yale, for whatever reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment