Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Finally, a leisurely paced morning

CoffeeThe Class of 2011 at SOM is divided into four cohorts: Green, Silver, Gold and Blue. I am in Blue. Students take (almost) all their first-year courses with their cohort, and the schedule isn't up to us. Blue had the unlucky distinction last quarter of being the only cohort to have an 8:15 a.m. class every day; that's the earliest our classes convene. That meant that every morning was something of a dash, although I always made sure to leave enough time for breakfast, a shower and often a jog (and/or finishing homework for one of those 8:15 classes).

This quarter we Blues get a wonderful break, since we have an 8:15 a.m. class only two days a week (Monday and Wednesday). On Tuesday and Thursday, we don't have a class till 10. O happy day!! I hardly know what to do with myself.

The answer is read. I can already tell that this quarter really is going to be a killer. Observe. Here was my breakdown yesterday:

-- Waking up to 8:15: Jog, eat breakfast, shower, brush up on a case we were to prepare for Competitor at 8:15.

-- 8:15 to 9:35: Competitor

-- 9:35 to 10: Print out some slides and sheets we were to have printed out for Investor at 10.

-- 10 to 11:20: Investor

-- 11:20 to 12:20: A pre-arranged lunch with a second-year student who is (very, very kindly) advising me on matters of career

-- 12:20 to 1: Brush up on one of the cases we were to prepare for Negotiation

-- 1 to 3: Negotiation

-- 3 to 4: I strolled home to get some fresh air and consume a healthy snack

-- 4 to 4:45: I was back on campus to meet with another student to show her how to use Audacity, an audio editing program, because she wants to do some podcasts

-- 4:45 to 5:30: I attended a cocktail reception for an open house for prospective students

-- 5:30 to 6: I attended a video presentation for Negotiation

-- 6 to 6:40: I attended a mandatory data collection training session for Competitor

-- 6:50 to bedtime: I was home. I read materials for Customer, Sourcing & Managing Funds and Competitor. I heated up dinner. I did two loads of laundry. I watched 10 minutes of "Family Guy."

I'm getting a feeling that every day is going to be at least this busy, and probably busier. But you get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment