Friday, October 16, 2009

Five pictures from Florida

John, thinking about his vacationIt wasn't easy to get here, y'all. My alarm didn't go off Thursday morning, and I awoke more than two hours late. Somehow I made it from the warmth of my bed onto an airplane in Providence, two hours away, in 2 1/2 hours ... despite being out of gas, and having a malfunctioning GPS, and originally going the wrong way on the Interstate. It's a freakin' miracle.

And here I am, visiting my parents, my brother, his ex-wife and their daughter (my niece). I just turned in my last paper for the quarter, so I can actually enjoy the weekend! Who'd have thunk?



My niece has good taste in victuals.

My niece has good taste in dessert -- vanilla ice cream and chocolate chip cookies.



Pop and Dara

For some reason, I find this photo kind of precious! My dad and his granddaughter.



Keri (mom) and Dara (child)

Dara and her mom, Keri.



Typical: My mom slaves away, while my dad puts his feet up. A typical scene -- my mom acts like a martyr in the kitchen while my dad puts his feet up.



Rick

My brother Rick tries to capture the moments.

1 comment: