Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm in a Philly mood

Philadelphia Above is my view of Philadelphia, a city in Pennsylvania whose residents will have to deal with me for the next three days. I'm here for a conference, which you'd know if you were a regular reader. See previous postings. I've never been here before ... I think. If I have, it was a long time ago. I'll ask my parents.

It's always nice to get away from New Haven -- nothing personal, New Haven -- but I am missing a couple things this weekend I would like to have attended, such as the spring formal and a CDO (Career Development Office) session on Friday about navigating one's summer internship. But I committed to this conference, and here I am.

It should come as no surprise that this was the quarter I was least cognizant of classes. Call it senioritis, and attribute it in part to the fact there were fewer assignments this quarter than the previous three. But while first quarter I was quite on top of all deadlines and details, this quarter I am much more day-to-day. Since I have a little time here in my room, I did just (finally) look up what's going on, and we really are almost finished. Just two more days of classes and a handful of assignments: A write-up for Managing Marketing Programs due Monday, a write-up for ILP (Integrated Leadership Perspective) due Tuesday, a final group project for Managing Marketing Programs due Friday 5/7, a take-home final for State & Society due Sunday 5/9, a final Innovator group project due Tuesday 5/11. Then I'm free as a bird until my internship starts June 1. Some birds aren't really that free, but I'll be.

Anyway, here is Daryl Hall, finding a classy way of saying he would care for some female company. I wish music were still classy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment