Sunday, April 17, 2011

Roller derby and fishing


Yesterday, I went to the roller derby, and today I went fishing, which was fun and outdoorsy even though we didn't end up with anything to cook. (No worries -- I had chicken and rice.)

The roller derby was fun; it's always good to get out of Yale sometimes and do an activity elsewhere in Connecticut. We refer to our company in such cases as "townies," aware of course that this is funny because it's a bit derogatory toward non-Yale of Connecticut. I'd been to a roller derby back in Texas. I think I wrote a story about it. Anyway, one needn't understand the rules to get the basic gist, that aggressive-acting women skate counter-clockwise, elbow each other sometimes, and fall down.

Fishing was a bust in the fishing sense, but a great time in the outdoor-enjoyment sense. And best of all, it's free. Well, cheap. We bought worms. Anyway, in all a good weekend. I'm hoping that my upcoming job with Deloitte will afford me work-free weekends, at least most of the time. It's nice to have 2 of 7 days totally to oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment