Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas


The little boy in me tries to bust out every Christmas. As a youngest child, I've tended to be the biggest Christmas enthusiast and am usually the first one up. This year is no exception.

I'm not the most religious man. Scan this blog, an account of the past year and a half of my life, and you won't find any recountings of Sunday morning trips to church. or Bible study. But I still get into Christmas. Logistically, the holiday is not what it was when I was a kid, of course. There's far less to unwrap, there's no snow in South Florida, and my two brothers are far from here, with their own kids. But the true meaning of Christmas has nothing to do with presents, weather or geography. I see Christmas as about happiness, hope, kindness and love. That's stuff everyone can get into.

With that, I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment