Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Up late vs. up early

Coffee I knew this would be a busy week, and it is, although really it all seems to be coming down to this one assignment for Competitor. Part of why it's so time consuming is that the instructions are somewhat vague, and the way in which we're supposed to gather our information is, per the instructions, not very efficient. (The assignment basically asks us, in our groups of four, to gather lots of data individually and then come together, discuss it, draw conclusions and write a memo with some graphs ... You can imagine the amount of wasted time that results.)

So this ended up being the first time I've actually been almost tempted to pull an all-nighter, or at least stay up very late, but fortunately for me, my body simply cannot comply. I shut down ... I yawn and yawn and yawn, and before long I realize I just can't stay up and work. Even as far back as high school, my method has been to go to bed as soon as I start yawning, and set the alarm. And that's what I did. (In the upper right of this page, you may see a survey about this very topic!)

The assignment is done. It's not perfect, but it's just a "memo."

Meanwhile, on another note, here is a picture of where I tend to hang out between classes. I look forward to meeting Mike there today for lunch, because it will mean classes are finished for the day! Tonight everyone in the class has a stock trading game, which could be a lot of fun. Since I can barely articulate what a stock is, I don't think I will win.

I can often be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment