Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

Henry and llama I had a nice Easter weekend. Did you? I visited my brother, sister-in-law and nephews in a suburb of New York. My brother recently had half his thyroid removed as a cancer treatment, so he couldn't talk above a whisper. That was funny. And although I naturally didn't get as much work done as I would have liked, I'd certainly call the trip worth it. It never ceases to impress me how smart my nephews are, and how they remember me even though I hadn't been there in a couple months.

On Sunday we went to the Bronx Zoo; it was a beautiful day, and a great venue for pictures. It's not a bad zoo, although I prefer the St. Louis Zoo, which doesn't nickel-and-dime you like the Bronx Zoo, which charges you to do anything.

Now it's back to the grind with an especially busy week; gotta crank out a paper tonight and another tomorrow, in addition to the usual stacks of readings. I'm transitioning into co-presidency for Q+, and that process begins this week with training and meeting with the other co-president to talk ideas. I'm also one of four people planning my Australia group's final LDP session, which is April 13. There are several social things on the ol' calendar I probably should skip but won't. All great stuff, and it should be a beautiful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment