Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A new day

A tow truck that made my day more difficult.Yesterday was rather unlucky for yours truly. I broke a glass, my car got towed (i.e. stolen by the city), I got a cold, and I spilled hot, gooey beef lo mein all over my laptop keyboard, and subsequently my carpet. Seemed like it was just one thing after another.

But today is a new day, and the first day of general SOM (School of Management) orientation. Today's schedule is light -- class photo, an address by the dean, lunch with your cohort, a bus tour and then ice cream. I wish I didn't feel as though somebody had blowtorched my throat. But I'll just have to put on a happy face and do my best, then crawl back into bed the first chance I get.

Come to think of it, I got sick when I arrived for undergrad, too. Maybe it's the stress, combined with all the handshaking with strangers. Whatever the reason, it's ill-timed, but not the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment